Man Bites Dog recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment and our community beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met & we are committed to the following:
Man Bites Dog will continue to specialise in sustainability, in particular research highlighting the unique challenges and opportunities presented by the global drive towards zero carbon. As part of that work, Man Bites Dog shapes client campaigns to raise awareness and understanding of the urgent need for businesses to directly combat climate change. These campaigns generate data and insights that inspire action, influencing public and corporate opinion to help put sustainability at the top of the agenda.
We endeavour to:
• Improve the environmental benefits provided by our services
• Comply with and exceed all relevant legal, customer & third-party regulatory requirements.
• Establish measurable environmental & business objectives that are consistent with the context and strategic direction of the organisation and address risks and opportunities associated with them.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance & reduce environmental impacts, incorporating environmental factors into business decisions
• We will minimise the use of paper & packaging in the office, buying recycled & recyclable paper products
• We will reuse and recycle where possible
• We will endeavour to prevent pollution where possible
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use & eco bulbs used where possible.
• Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be considered when purchasing.
• We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We will favour environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We will reuse and recycle everything we can.
• We will actively support local suppliers to reduce mileage and support our local community economy.
• We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
• We will reduce the need to travel, restricting it to necessary trips only.
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
• We will invest in technology to enable communication and collaborative working and actively support flexible working to reduce travel.
• Complying with and exceeding all relevant legal, customer & third-party regulatory requirements.
• Implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001.
• We will continually monitor the environmental impacts of the business activities.
• We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts, by achieving objectives set by the management team.
• We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions, adopting best practices for its activities wherever possible.
• We will increase employee awareness through training in good environmental practices and initiatives. Ensuring that all employees, suppliers and customers are aware of their role in supporting the organisation’s commitments and environmental objectives.
• We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
• We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance, providing staff with relevant environmental training.
• We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• We will measure where possible, our environmental impact through recycling reports and energy usage.
• We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• Suppliers will agree to our code of conduct, which includes environmental commitments.
The implementation of this policy is fundamental to the success of the organisation’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.