3rd November 2018
Man Bites Dog is the strategic ideas company. We partner with knowledge-rich businesses to turn intellectual capital into competitive advantage.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Consultant to join our growing pack in Brighton.
Man Bites Dog is a multi-award winning B2B strategic ideas company. We work with market leaders and challengers in the Professional Services, Financial Services, Technology, and Industry, Trade and Logistics (ITL) sectors. We’re proud to be strategic advisors to these fascinating companies – helping them develop creative, integrated campaigns and content that deliver commercial returns.
We’re far from a traditional corporate agency. We dare to be different in how we do business and the kind of work we do. There’s no creative or commercial challenge too big for Man Bites Dog.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
- Ideas and strategy: Leading ideas generation, creating integrated PR and marketing campaigns and offering strategic direction.
- Strategic campaign management: Using your knowledge of data and research methods to ensure each campaign that you deliver provides original insights with strong media value, while also speaking to the unique proposition of your clients.
- Client relations and management: Acting as a trouble shooter with overall responsibility for client activity. Building internal relationships and leading strategic organic growth.
- New business and profitability: Focusing on profitability, strategic organic growth, proactive lead generation, contracts and attending senior level networking events. Overall responsibility for service levels, resourcing and fee forecasting.
- Copywriting: Giving final sign-off on all team copywriting, writing heavy-weight whitepapers and creating strategic plans and proposals.
- Crisis communications: Leading on crises and issues.
- People management: Managing account teams and training, mentoring and supporting staff.
- Ad-hoc: Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruit:
- A business enthusiast with significant experience in B2B marketing communications.
- A communications and marketing expert with an excellent knowledge of the global news agenda and strong media & influencer relations skills.
- An industry and sector expert – solid understanding of business audiences (SMEs, mid-market and corporates).
- An outstanding communicator – written and verbal.
- An exceptional consultant able to maintain and grow client relationships.
- A strategic thinker able to design and deliver complex campaigns.
- A creative genius that can craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- A top-notch project manager able to work to objectives, targets, deadlines and deliver results.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver that can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- An excellent track record in winning new business – able to grow existing clients and identify and win new ones.
- An inspiring leader who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- Strong commercial acumen – first-rate financial planning and reporting with the ability to set and work to budget and monitor profitability.
It’s the depth of the partnerships with clients in this position which is so important. Any experience of viable joint ventures with other leading industry providers would also be useful. We work with leading researchers and data analysts to put substance behind our campaigns, so any examples of this type of experience would be great too. We’re looking for someone exceptionally strategic, who can drive business development and can work in a consultancy environment. The right candidate will have great working relationships with our partners, clients and needs to be excellent with client and commercial management.
We need a commercially minded, seriously smart and experienced professional who can work with us to drive growth, innovation and excellence.
Competitive salary and incredible benefits.
Check out our Instagram account to keep up to date on our latest adventures – from the annual European Weekender to Friday night cocktails we’re always finding ways to make mischief.
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org