Black Lion Street, Brighton
(At least 3 days per week in Brighton office)
Man Bites Dog is an award-winning global B2B thought leadership and strategic marketing consultancy working with some of the world’s most exciting companies, including global leaders and challengers in the tech, professional services and financial services sectors. From sustainability to the future of work, our campaigns focus on some of today’s biggest issues and apply fresh thinking to fascinating subjects.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
As a Principal Consultant/ Account Director at Man Bites Dog you will be reporting into the Senior Leadership team and your responsibilities will include:
- Managing client accounts as the main point of contact, with support from a Divisional Director as required.
- New business: Focusing on strategic organic growth, proactive lead generation, contracts and attending senior level networking events.
- Ideas and strategy: Leading ideas generation, creating integrated PR and marketing campaigns and offering strategic direction.
- Accountable for quality control: Giving final sign-off on all team deliverables including copywriting, writing heavy-weight whitepapers, and creating strategic plans and proposals.
- Financial Management: Responsible for profitability, resourcing, fee forecasting and commercial performance.
- Strategic campaign management: Using your knowledge of data and research methods to ensure each campaign that you deliver provides original insights with strong media value, while also speaking to the unique proposition of your clients.
- Client relations and management: Acting as the trusted advisor with overall responsibility for client activity and building client relationships
- People management: Managing account teams and training, mentoring, and supporting staff.
- Ad-hoc: Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruits:
- A business enthusiast with extensive experience in B2B marketing communications.
- A PR and marketing expert with an excellent knowledge of the global news agenda and strong media & influencer relations skills.
- An industry and sector expert – solid understanding of business audiences that our clients target, from SMEs to global corporates.
- An outstanding communicator – written and verbal.
- An exceptional consultant able to maintain and grow client relationships.
- A strategic thinker able to design and deliver complex campaigns.
- A creative genius that can craft a compelling story, generate, and evidence big ideas.
- A top-notch project manager able to work to objectives, targets, deadlines and deliver results.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver who can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- An excellent track record in winning new business – able to grow existing clients and identify and win new ones.
- An inspiring leader who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- Strong commercial acumen – first-rate financial planning and reporting with the ability to set and work to budget and monitor profitability.
- Someone who is looking to enter a management position with a strong senior level background.
It’s the depth of the partnerships with clients in this position which is so important. We work on leading research and economic analysis to put substance behind our campaigns, so any examples of this type of experience would be great too. We’re looking for someone with the right blend of strategic thinking and hands-on delivery, who can drive business development and can work in a fast-moving consultancy environment. The right candidate will have great working relationships and clients and needs to be excellent with client and commercial management.
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays as well as an additional day off for your birthday.
- An individual training budget to be spent on your career growth and development, as well as weekly ‘Thinking Thursday’ sessions with external speakers or a member of the Man Bites Dog team.
- Flexible and hybrid working options.
- A social calendar your friends will be jealous of, including an annual business planning trip to Europe!
- A bright and inspiring office based in the heart of Brighton, a stone’s throw from the beach.
- A CEO and Senior Leadership Team dedicated to the business and its people.
- All the usual pension, health plans etc.
Please send covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Due to business growth, we have a number of open vacancies - if your experience doesn't quite align with this specification, please visit our website or LinkedIn 'Jobs' page for all vacancies or contact [email protected]
Man Bites Dog encourages applications from candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds. Our office is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Check out our Instagram account – Life at Man Bites Dog – to keep up to date on our latest adventures – from the annual European Weekender to Friday night cocktails, we’re always finding ways to make mischief.